Header Ads

Yum

Coconut Chia Seed Pudding

Do you like the texture of Tapioca pudding? I do. So when I first was introduced to this pudding I was good with the texture of the little chia seeds that had swollen while resting in the coconut milk.




    This pudding is chocked full of healthy ingredients and ones you can have on hand in your pantry.
     Although I got this recipe from my sister who got it from a friend...that friend most likely found it on line. My choice of sweetener is agave syrup and I like to add a little vanilla.
    (yields 4 1/2 cup servings)


    Ingredients:
    • 1 400 gram (or some cans read 397grams)can coconut milk (not light) 
    • 1/3 cup chia seeds (I often buy the ones with added probiotics in them)
    • 1 tbsp agave syrup ( you can use honey, maple syrup or other sweeteners of your choice)
    • 1 tsp vanilla extract
    • fruit to top when serving, optional


    Method:
      1. Place all ingredients in a jar. Cover and shake well to combine ingredients. Pour into mini mason jars or small bowls.
      2. Allow to sit in refrigerator for at least 4 hours. This allows the seeds to swell. You will still have the crunch of the seeds.
      3. Top or stir in fruit or serve plain. Stirring in a little of your favourite jam is good too..but then you may be adding sugar you don't want. 
      Keeps in refrigerator for up to a week.